The test is of 120 minutes, contains 60 questions across 3 sections:
Section A - Quantitative Aptitude (20 Ques)
- Number Systems (4 Ques)
- Probability (2 Ques)
- Permutation & Combination (2 Ques)
- Geometry (3 Ques)
- Equations and inequalities (1-2 Ques)
- AP, GP, HP (1-2 Ques)
- Logarithms (1-2 Ques)
- Speed, Time and Distance (1-3 Ques)
- Time and Work (1-2 Ques)
- Mixture and alligation (1 Ques)
- Percentages (1 Ques)
Solve 5-8 questions for a good percentile
Section B - Logical Reasoning (20 Ques)
- Data tabulation based questions (1-2 Sets containing 3-4 Ques each)
- Cryptarithmetic (1-2 sets containing 2-3 Ques each)
- Data Interpretation (Pie/Bar charts) (1-2 Sets containing 3-4 Ques each)
- Data Sufficiency (5-6 Ques)
Solve 5-7 questions for a good percentile
Section C - Verbal Ability (20 Ques)
- Grammatical Concepts (4-5 Ques)
- Paragraph based questions - ParaJumbles (3-4 Ques)
- Fill in the blanks (3-4 Ques)
- Reading Comprehension (2-3 passages containing 3-4 Ques each)
Solve 12-16 questions for a good percentile
The level of eLitmus exam is above average as compared to other placement exams. The level of exam is nearly same as that of CAT exam and requires a strong preparation to score 90+ percentile. We recommend the following books to prepare for the eLitmus exam.
eLitmus pH test negative marking rule
- No negative marking if the total number of incorrect questions is less than or equal to 25% of the total number of questions.
- 5 marks will be deducted out of 10 marks for every wrong answer after 25% window.
- No negative marks for unattempted questions
eLitmus Score Analysis
- The hardest section in eLitmus is Problem Solving followed by Quants and English Verbal which is the easiest and thus 99 percentile is only when you score more than 99.
- eLitmus Previous Papers prove that solving only a few questions with correct answers in Logical Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude section can help you get much better percentile.
- Thus it is suggested to mark questions or solve questions you are very sure to know the answers of, to avoid negative marking and lose percentile.
- Also, critical reasoning makes a lot of difference in your score since it the most difficult section and most students end up not to be able to solve it.
eLitmus Score Calculator
Quantitative Aptitude Marks
Logical Reasoning Marks
Verbal Ability Marks